Estimated Reading Time: <1
Three robbery suspects were, yesterday, burnt alive by a mob at Adikpo in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State. The would-be victims pounced on the robbers when they ran out of bullets.
The trio, who were alleged to be part of the gang terrorising filling stations operators in Adikpo and its environs, were nabbed after a failed attempt to rob a filling station in the area.
Confirming the incident, the Sole Administrator of Kwande Local Government, Mr. Teryila Iorhemen, said: “It happened at a filling station located at the popular Y-Junction some 150 metres from the All Progressives Congress, APC, Secretariat.
“The robbers had stormed the filling station and asked everyone to lie face down. Unfortunately, their gun failed to fire a second shot, indicating that they were out of bullets. “It was at that point that the people summoned courage and confronted the robbers. Three of them were nabbed, beaten and burnt alive.
“It is unfortunate that the people took the law into their hands out of anger. But the matter has already been reported to the police.”
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?