Estimated Reading Time: <1
No fewer than twelve persons were reportedly killed while several others injured in a renewed attack on the residents of Asso Community in Jemaa Local Governments Area of Southern Kaduna by suspected herdsmen.
A source, who crave for anonymity said the gunmen invaded the community on Saturday and opened fire on residents of the area.
They shot sporadically as they entered the village, the source told our correspondent on telephone.
It was learnt that the incident occurred at 6.00pm shortly after a peace and reconciliations meeting between the natives and the Fulani.
Those injured, according to him, were rushed to the Kafanchan General Hospital, in Jemaa LG for medical treatment.
The Kaduna Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, confirmed the incident but noted that he was yet to receive details of the casualties as at the time of filing thus report.
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed
- WAEC is deliberately creating a wedge between young Muslims and the mosque says MURIC
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others