Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Road Safety Commission’s Corps Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi, has ordered the recall of the Rivers State Sector Commander and other officers concerned after a picture went viral which showed the sector commander cutting off some female officers’ hair.
In an interview with Punch Newspaper on Tuesday morning, Head Media Relations and Strategy of the Corps, Mr. Bisi Kazeem, said this became necessary in order to properly investigate the matter.
Boboye had condemned the photographs trending on social media concerning the cutting-off of the hair of the female FRSC officials. The photos, which started trending on Monday evening, showed the man identified as the sector commander of the Rivers State Command of the FRSC, Andrew A. Kumapayi, using a pair of scissors to cut up the hair of some female officials.
The incident reportedly happened during the early morning parade when Kumapayi went round to inspect his officers.
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading