Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Plateau State House of Assembly has impeached its Deputy Speaker, Mr Yusuf Gagdi.
This followed a letter signed by 18 members of the House read at Tuesday’s plenary by the Majority Leader, Mr Henry Yunkwap.
According to Yunkwap, the 18 members have passed a vote of no confidence on Gagdi, hence the need for his impeachment.
NAN reports that the impeachment was via a voice vote by members.
Consequently, Mr Salleh Shehu, member representing Dengi Constituency in the Assembly was voted in as the new Deputy Speaker of the House.
Shehu was nominated by Mr Henry Dakogol, member representing Qua’pan North Constituency.
The News Agency of Nigeria, reports that Gagdi seconded the nomination of his successor.
NAN also reports that Gagdi defected from the PDP to APC in 2016.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State