Estimated Reading Time: <1
NO fewer than 15 persons were feared killed in fresh crisis between herdsmen and farmers in Turan communities in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State.
However, the state Police Command claimed that two bodies had been recovered from the affected communities.
Reports say the renewed crisis has led to the disappearance of many persons, while several houses, huts and farmlands have also been razed in the besieged communities.
According to a local in one of the affected communities, the crisis erupted early Sunday morning when suspected armed herdsmen invaded Ikyoawen, where four persons were reportedly killed and houses razed.
The local said: “After that attack, they moved into Nzaav and Alaba in Yaav council ward, where over 11 persons were hacked to death and several houses burnt down by the herdsmen.
“Though the affected communities have been deserted, we are still searching in the bushes for many missing persons, including women and children. “We also realised that the attackers have occupied the sacked communities without resistance. As we speak, several of the houses are still on fire.”
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”