Estimated Reading Time: <1
NO fewer than 15 persons were feared killed in fresh crisis between herdsmen and farmers in Turan communities in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State.
However, the state Police Command claimed that two bodies had been recovered from the affected communities.
Reports say the renewed crisis has led to the disappearance of many persons, while several houses, huts and farmlands have also been razed in the besieged communities.
According to a local in one of the affected communities, the crisis erupted early Sunday morning when suspected armed herdsmen invaded Ikyoawen, where four persons were reportedly killed and houses razed.
The local said: “After that attack, they moved into Nzaav and Alaba in Yaav council ward, where over 11 persons were hacked to death and several houses burnt down by the herdsmen.
“Though the affected communities have been deserted, we are still searching in the bushes for many missing persons, including women and children. “We also realised that the attackers have occupied the sacked communities without resistance. As we speak, several of the houses are still on fire.”
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results