Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, former Governor of Sokoto State has donated N10million to the Hausa community in Ile-Ife, Osun.
Mr Yusuf Dingyadi, the Media Assistance to the former governor made this known in a statement in Sokoto on Saturday.
Dingyadi said that the money was handed over to the Chief Imam of Sabo, Ile-Ife Juma’at Mosque, Sheikh Aminu Imam, in Ile-Ife on Friday.
The leader of the delegation, Alhaji Abubakar Sanyinna, a former Commissioner for Agriculture in Sokoto State called on Nigerians to learn to live in peace with one another.
Sanyinna stressed the need for more tolerance by Nigerians as part of the measures to move the country forward.
“We must be our brothers’ keepers not by fighting, killing or maiming, as we all in one way or the other depend on one another, ‘’ he said.
Responding, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Eniitan described Bafarawa as an embodiment of true democracy, nationalism and national unity.
”Bafarawa is a man of honour, peace and unity among his contemporaries in Nigeria.
“Bafarawa has remained one of the few talented, generous and committed politicians in the country.
“He is a builder of bridges of unity and peaceful understanding among Nigerians to sustaining ways of ensuring political cohesion in the country,’’ the Oba said.
The Ooni urged other prominent Nigerians to emulate Bafarawa, irrespective of religious, ethnic or political affinities.
“We remain eternally grateful for his experience and knowledge toward guiding our political class in building a bridge of humility and understanding,’’ Ooni said.
The delegation also visited Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun.
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria