Estimated Reading Time: <1
Oil magnate, Dr Ifeanyi Uba has debunked speculations that he was arrested by operatives of Department of State Services (DSS).
Ubah who spoke to The Guardian Thursday on the telephone said the rumours were a propaganda against him.
“If I am arrested, I would not be talking with you now They should continue writing, but those who are in doubt should come and watch football match tomorrow because I would be there,” said the founder of Ifeanyi Ubah Football club.
A few online platforms (not The Guardian) had reported that the founder of Capital Oil was arrested and detained by Nigeria’s Department of State Services (DSS).
But an aide of the business who would not like his name in print said all attempt to smear the good name his boss has earned would be in futility.
“I can tell you that my boss’s good name in the country today cannot be smeared. He is a hardworking businessman. All these propaganda about him is because he has become a big force to be reckoned with in Nigeria.”
- IGP orders investigation into Police petition seeking to end judicial panel
- Ojukwu’s son and wife trade words over Obiano
- Governor Ayade decries exclusion of Bakassi Strike Force from amnesty program
- #EndSARS Protester, Eromosele Adene says indiscriminate profiling of youths is a problem in Nigeria
- ‘Your best is not good enough’, Buhari chastises Service Chiefs
- Abdulrasheed Maina has been brought back to Nigeria after arrest In Niger Republic
- Ghanaian President embroiled in corruption scandal
- Police ask Cross River Judicial Panel of Inquiry to stop sitting
- Lai Mohammed says those asking Buhari to resign over insecurity are “playing dirty politics”.
- ‘President Muhammadu Buhari should fire the people he hired to work for the country’ – Rochas Okorocha