Estimated Reading Time: <1
NCS PRESS STATEMENT
The attention of Nigerian Customs Service has been drawn to a mischievous publication in some prints and online platforms that the service has seized vehicles belonging to a Senator in Kano.
Since this is capable of misleading the public into wrong insinuations, it is imperative to state the facts.
· That the Operatives of NCS Compliance Team, based on credible intelligence, trailed the movement of some smuggled vehicles from Maigatari, Jigawa State to a house at Magaji Rumfa, GRA Kano.
· On the 7th February, 2017, eleven (11) vehicles, 10 Hilux and one (1) Land cruiser jeep were retrieved from the house at Magaji Rumfa GRA, Kano and taken for detention at the HQ of Customs Area Command Kano.
· That the officers discovered there were no occupants in the house, hence the gate was forced opened to retrieve the smuggled vehicles.
· That investigation into the smuggling of the vehicles is still on to establish the true owner.
From the above, it is clear that whoever introduced the “Senator” angle to the story is out for pure mischief and does not represent the position of the service on this issue.
Accordingly, the false and misleading report should be discountenanced please.
Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller-General of Customs
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG