Estimated Reading Time: <1
A faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State has slammed Governor Nasir El- Rufai, saying he lacks the moral justification to criticize President Muhammadu Buhari.
The faction, known as ‘APC Akida’, yesterday blamed the state governor for the lingering crisis bedeviling the state chapter of the party, alleging that he has remained obstinate in spite of all efforts to resolve the issues.
In a press statement issued in Kaduna, the Chairman of the APC Akida, Mr. Tom Mataimaki Maiyashi, said the El-Rufai’s Memo to Buhari in which he kept mentioning specific people in the present cabinet as unfit, incompetent and clueless, was not only wicked, but did not match the aspirations and yearning of Nigerians.
“In our view, knowing the role Mr. President played and his integrity, Nasir El-Rufai wouldn’t have become the governor of Kaduna State.
“El-Rufai’s Memo is a total disrespect, shocking and clueless. How will Nasir El-Rufai write such a Memo to Mr. President when he is doing nothing in Kaduna State?
“Look at gutters all over the state, I wonder if that is a mark of progress in our state,” Maiyashi said.
He alleged that El-Rufai is more guilty of the accusations levelled against the president in the memo.
He continued: ”Someone who claims to be holier than thou asked us to go and climb Kufena Mountain and jump if we are not satisfied with his appointments. He even said we are ants he can crush with his iron shoes.
“El-Rufai muzzles and pounds us. Can such a person correct Mr.President? This is a height of disrespect, arrogance and deceit.”
“Nasir El-Rufai should first change himself. It is the integrity of Mr. President that makes him to be a governor today. Malam Nasir el-Rufai can never be a role model of proper conduct.
“So, for him to tell Mr. President what to do in his administration its unfortunates. He should have been the least if at most people should criticise Buhari.
“Everything that Kaduna state government is entitle to is been given. From the Paris club funds refund to bail out for states. El-Rufai has shown nothing for these funds apart from the federal allocations.
“Nothing to show that merited what Kaduna has been getting from the federal government. El-Rufai has failed woefully,” the group added.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists