Estimated Reading Time: <1
NIS UNVEILS LIBERALISED VISA ON ARRIVAL APPLICATION PLATFORM
In furtherance of Federal Government’s Economic policy on creation of a conducive environment to attract foreign high net worth investors and professionals into the economy, Nigeria Immigration Service announce the introduction of liberalised online Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility to the general public especially the Business Community.
The VoA application and processing facility is a product of exhaustive and robust visa reforms regime intended to bring Nigeria in tandem with global best practices in the facilitation of entry and exit of high net worth Foreign Direct Investors and skilled professionals into the Country and in line with Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC).
As a critical member of PEBEC, the NIS has therefore liberalised automation of VoA as a prelude to the visa application and processing services at all entry points to ensuring that all genuine requests for VoA facility from any part of the World are processed and issued within 48 hours (2 working days).
For Companies who have not earlier documented their businesses, such Companies are expected to submit all documents for registration in the Office of CGI before commencing Visa on Arrival (VoA) procedure by email.
The procedure for Visa on Arrival (VoA) is as follows:
GUIDE TO COMPANY-
• Name of Applicant
• Passport Number of Applicant
• Purpose of Visit
• Proposed Port of Entry
• Flight Itinerary
• Address in Nigeria or Hotel Reservation
Attach the following documents-(In PDF format, not exceeding one (1) megabyte)
• Copy of Passport Data page
• Copy of Airline Return Ticket Reservation
• After approval, a letter will be forwarded to your email with a copy sent to the Airline stated in your application and the Immigration Port of Entry.
• The request shall be processed and approval issued within 48hours (2 working days)
ADVICE FOR FOREIGN TRAVELLERS
Fill in the application form with your correct details and make online payment at https://portal.immigration.
NOTE: Successful online payment is NOT AN APPROVAL. ADVICE BUSINESS PARTNER NOT TO PROCEED to Nigeria until you have received “Visa on Arrival Approval Letter” issued by the Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja.
Upon arrival at the Port of Entry, proceed to the desk marked Visa on Arrival for issuance of entry Visa. Present your approval letter, National Travel Documents and evidence of payment to the desk Officer for issuance of Visa
Sunday James (ACI),
Service Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller General of Immigration Service
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown