Estimated Reading Time: <1
Embattled Secretary to Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr David Lawal, has made a turn around from his position 24 hours ago that he would not appear before the Senate Adhoc Committee on Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the North East.
Mr. Lawal on Thursday sent in a letter to the Senator Shehu Sani-led committee pleading for a rescheduling of the hearing for a later date due to “a pressing engagement of government which clashed with the date and time of the hearing.”
Mr. Lawal, had in a letter, dated March 22nd, 2017 and addressed to the committee through its chairman, Senator Sani, categorically said he would not appear before the committee.
In the letter, he explained that he had already gone to court to challenge the committee’s invitation to him to appear before it.
“I wish to kindly request that you draw the attention of the other members of the committee that I will not be able to appear before the committee primarily because I have court to challenge the invitation among others,” Lawal had said in the letter to Senator Sani.
But Mr. Lawal in the new letter, did not make any reference to the said suit he claimed to have filed in court.
Part of the new letter reads: “I wish to kindly request that you draw the attention of the other members of the Committee that l will not be able to appear before the committee. I kindly request a rescheduling of the hearing, please.”
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai