Estimated Reading Time: <1
A notorious kidnapper and armed robbery suspect in Imo state, Henry Chibueze, popularly known as Vampire, has been killed by Police Special Forces led by the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Intelligence Response Team.
Recall that some gunmen had late January stormed the Imo High Court situated along Orlu Road in Owerri and freed Vampire and others after they had been brought into the court for their suits on kidnapping and other criminal charges to be heard.
This led the Imo Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha to promise a reward of N5million for any person who volunteers information on the whereabouts of a notorious kidnap kingpin.
Channels TV reports that the wanted criminal met his waterloo early this morning at about 1AM on Thursday during a gun duel with the IGP Intelligence Response Team in Omu Awa Forest, Ikwerre LGA of Rivers State.
Five other members of his gang were arrested alive by the police operatives even as cache of arms and ammunition were recovered.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu
- Humanitarian affairs minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq gets married
- UN at 75: Southern Kaduna And The Responsibility To Protect
- Yobe Governor appoints 30 social media aides
- Insincerity, Bad Faith and Isomorphic Mimicry: The Harmonised Police Bill 2020 in Focus
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau