Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian troops after the encounter with Boko Haram terrorists (File photo)Troops of ‘Operation Lafiya Dole’ have gallantly fought their way through an ambush by Boko-Haram insurgents along Ajiri-Dikwa road in Borno, Lt.-Col. Kingsley Samuel, Deputy Director, Army Public Relations of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, stated this in a statement on Friday in Maiduguri.
Samuel said that the incident occurred on Thursday evening.
“Elements of troops affected encountered the ambush while conducting routine rotation of troops last night.
” The gallant troops fought their way through, killing many of the terrorists,” he said.
Samuel however confirmed that 19 soldiers were injured during the incident.
“Unfortunately, seven soldiers paid the supreme price in the incident, while 19 soldiers sustained various degree of injuries.
“The soldiers who sustained injuries during the fierce encounter have been evacuated and are currently receiving treatment at Military Hospital in Maiduguri,
“The troops recovered an AK-47 rifle and ammunition from the insurgents.
“Additional troops have been mobilised and are still on aggressive pursuit of the fleeing Boko Haram terrorists,” he said.
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases