Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has described those behind rumoured death of President Muhammadu Buhari as wicked, callous and treacherous.
In a statement from his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi in Abeokuta yesterday, Obasanjo said instead of embarking on such rumours, all the president needed “are our prayers and best wishes, which will ginger his morale to come back stronger and better.”
Obasanjo who cautioned against politicization of every situation in the country, recalled that he had also been a victim of such rumour while in office, adding, “no normal human being will wish an elderly person dead irrespective of their differences. If you don’t like him, wait for another election, not going about to say he is dead. No matter his health situation, we should pray for him to recover quickly and come back stronger and better. For anyone wishing him dead, such person or group of persons are callous, wicked and treacherous.
“I was also rumored to have died almost 12 times. I don’t know what they derive from doing so, but they should seek forgiveness. Even if we know that the president is sick, he is in a better position to know what to say or what to do and not wishing him dead. We should just stop politicizing everything, especially with the elderly in the country,” he said.
A section of social media users had claimed that Buhari had died in London last week. The president went to London on a 10-day vacation.
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown
- President Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole