Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abuja – The Bauchi State House of Assembly has placed embargo on sale of land in some Local Government Areas that were identified with hydrocarbon deposit in the state
The Chairman, House Committee on Information, Hon. Ibrahim Hassan, stated this on Tuesday during a meeting with stakeholders and the presidential sub-committee on economic development in Bauchi State.
Hassan said the measure was to prevent the sale of such lands to people that were not indigenes of the state.
He said: “We learnt that in Alkaleri and Kirfi Local Government Areas, some people are selling off their lands to people that are not indigenes of the state.
“The state House of Assembly has stopped that action because the areas are endowed with petroleum resources.
“We do not want incidences where we sell out lands and when it is time to start drilling the available natural resources, it becomes something else.”
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases