Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the the Best FIFA Men’s Player on Monday, January 9 in Zurich.
After Champions League and Euro 2016 successes for club and country last year, Ronaldo wins yet another accolade for his bulging trophy cabinet.
Last year, FIFA ended its six-year collaboration with magazine France Football for the Ballon d’Or award and unveiled its own brand new “Best” distinction.
Ronaldo now has the Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best award after his third Champions League title, thanks in major part to his 16 goals in 12 games, as well as Portugal’s Euro 2016 success – the country’s first major crown.
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari