Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the the Best FIFA Men’s Player on Monday, January 9 in Zurich.
After Champions League and Euro 2016 successes for club and country last year, Ronaldo wins yet another accolade for his bulging trophy cabinet.
Last year, FIFA ended its six-year collaboration with magazine France Football for the Ballon d’Or award and unveiled its own brand new “Best” distinction.
Ronaldo now has the Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best award after his third Champions League title, thanks in major part to his 16 goals in 12 games, as well as Portugal’s Euro 2016 success – the country’s first major crown.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law