Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the the Best FIFA Men’s Player on Monday, January 9 in Zurich.
After Champions League and Euro 2016 successes for club and country last year, Ronaldo wins yet another accolade for his bulging trophy cabinet.
Last year, FIFA ended its six-year collaboration with magazine France Football for the Ballon d’Or award and unveiled its own brand new “Best” distinction.
Ronaldo now has the Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best award after his third Champions League title, thanks in major part to his 16 goals in 12 games, as well as Portugal’s Euro 2016 success – the country’s first major crown.
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France
- Turkish President phones Buhari, seeks Nigeria’s support for Palestine
- Nasarawa speaker says ‘no alternative to Governor Sule in 2023’