Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has agreed a four- year deal with Spanish side, Valencia.
Reports indicate that talks were held in England between representatives of the La-Liga side and Mikel and a deal was reached for him to be the club first signing in the winter transfer window.
Luckily, Valencia beat several top teams including big spending Chinese side, Shanghai SIPG; French side, Olympique Marseille; and, Serie A duo of AC Milan and Inter Milan to get Mikel’s signature.
Mikel had been out of favour in Chelsea and had not been a regular feature by Conte this season.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844