Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Northern group under the auspices of Arewa Youth Development Association (AYDA) an umbrella body of about 35 youth and community based association and organizations has called on former Governor of Kano State and one time presidential aspirant, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau to declare his intentions to contest the 2019 presidential elections.
The youths group in a stament, Monday, by the National President, Alhaji Imrran Nass? in Kaduna said Mallam Shekarau will be the man to win in the next presidential election adding that his records in all spheres of life which has been selfless, prudent and transparent is a proof of his quintessential leadership qualities.
The group said, “After taking critical look at the calibre, profile and credentials of all the Presidential hopeful that are likely to come out from the Northern region, Mallam. Ibrahim Shekarau (Sadauna Kano) has an impressive credentials and his pedigree and antecedents spell goodness and progress to our beloved country.
“The youth believe that it is only the Sadauna Kano that will advocate and champion the cause for a generational change to bring about the emergence of a credible, de-tribalised, focused, agile, committed and visionary leader that can build our nation.”
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss