Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Northern group under the auspices of Arewa Youth Development Association (AYDA) an umbrella body of about 35 youth and community based association and organizations has called on former Governor of Kano State and one time presidential aspirant, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau to declare his intentions to contest the 2019 presidential elections.
The youths group in a stament, Monday, by the National President, Alhaji Imrran Nass? in Kaduna said Mallam Shekarau will be the man to win in the next presidential election adding that his records in all spheres of life which has been selfless, prudent and transparent is a proof of his quintessential leadership qualities.
The group said, “After taking critical look at the calibre, profile and credentials of all the Presidential hopeful that are likely to come out from the Northern region, Mallam. Ibrahim Shekarau (Sadauna Kano) has an impressive credentials and his pedigree and antecedents spell goodness and progress to our beloved country.
“The youth believe that it is only the Sadauna Kano that will advocate and champion the cause for a generational change to bring about the emergence of a credible, de-tribalised, focused, agile, committed and visionary leader that can build our nation.”
- Breaking: Hoodlums set ablaze Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue ablaze in Anambra
- Breaking: Houses owned by Senator Ndoma Egba, Gershom Bassey looted and burnt in calabar
- Afenifere and Ohaneze Ndigbo beg thugs to cease looting #EndSARS
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear