Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has admitted that 2016 was tough but assured Nigerians that the incoming year will be better.
This is contained in a New Year message from the party.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Bolaji Abdullahi said, “We understand that the past year has been a difficult one for Nigerians as Government laid the necessary foundation for setting our country on the path of sustainable growth.
“We are confident however that many of Government’s effort will begin to yield positive dividends this year as our country climbs out of the current economic recession.”
Noting that APC would continue to support Nigerians, Abdullahi expressed “confidence in the ability and commitment of President Buhari to provide the necessary leadership to set the economy and the country on the path of recovery and self-reliance”.
The party added that, “with the effective defeat of Boko Haram insurgents in the Northeast, we have achieved one of the major promises the Party made to Nigerians even as the Government continues to work on improving the safety of lives of Nigerians across the country”.
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says
- Gentle Humans to Potential Killers; Understanding the Reasons Behind Child-Cultism
- House of Reps to summon Buhari over insecurity
- Senate has confirmed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman
- Breaking: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Zabarmari Massacre
- Buhari is satisfied with security chiefs; Garba Shehu says
- Lagos judicial panel restricts journalists from using mobile phones at sitting
- Breaking: Again, lawmakers beg Buhari to sack service chiefs