Estimated Reading Time: <1
Contrary to reports, Ibrahim Magu, has not been relieved of his appointment as Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the presidency has said.
The Guardian newspaper quoted an unnamed source as saying Mr. Magu had been asked to vacate his seat by the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami. But Garba Shehu, the Presidential Spokesman, denies “No report has been made available to the Presidency by the Attorney General of the federation over the matter.” he wrote.
“The report of his sack is therefore speculative and preemptive.” – Garba Shehu added…
Although Mr. Malami could not be reached on phone, officials at the presidency denied the report.
Close aides of Mr. Magu also said no such directive was received from the Attorney General’s office.
Messrs. Magu and Malami were said to have met on Friday to finetune ?case files on an urgent matter asked to be investigated by Mr. Buhari.
Sources at the presidency and the AGF’s office say Mr. Malami ?on Friday submitted a report to President Buhari.
The report was in response to the president’s directive that Mr. Malami investigate allegations of corruption levelled on Mr. Magu by the State Security Service, SSS.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi