Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has once again declared that President Muhammadu Buhari was only fighting his perceived political foes under the guise of fighting corruption, while at the same time trying to make sure that no opposition politician will be strong enough financially to contest against him in 2019.
He said for the country to move forward, “the president must create opportunities beyond political consideration. As it is, the body language of the president speaks volume and must change.”
According the his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose, who was speaking on AIT Kaakaki program today, questioned the rationale behind the President’s directive to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Shehu Malami to investigate the Department of State Services (DSS) report on the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu.
“Magu was indicted by their own DSS and they are still saying the AGF should investigate, is AGF the police? After Magu had been indicted by the DSS, what are they investigating again? Are them saying DSS report is no longer credible? “As far as I am concerned, President Buhari is not fighting any corruption. He is fighting his political foes. They are just trying to make all Nigerians paupers so that when they share N1,000 at the polling units, it will be like N1m. “God is a God of single-standard, not dounle-standard. This Buhari’s govt is a govt of double-standard.”
He lamented that President Buhari has returned the country to 1984, saying; “When you see my past, you can project my future. There can be no future without the past. What is happening in Nigeria now are the same as 1984.” When asked whether or not the 16 years of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in power should not be seen as responsible for the county’s present problems, Governor Fayose said; “May be we should even return to that past because in that past, Dollar was N200 and one bag of rice was N8,000.
“If nothing was wrong with the Old Testament, there would not have been any need for the New Testament. They promised us a new testament, let it be a new testament indeed. “Nigeria and Nigerians don’t need blackmailers in government. Most of those in the APC now have been in the PDP. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who is their landlord was president for eight years under the PDP. My brother, Aminu Tambuwal who is now the governor of Sokoto State was Speaker of the House of Representatives as PDP member.
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know