Estimated Reading Time: <1
The players of Taraba State’s male and female football teams, Taraba FC and Taraba Queens, on Monday shut down activities at the government house in the state capital, Jalingo, to protest non-payment of backlogs of their salary arrears.
The players are demanding immediate payment of 21 months’ salary arrears from the Taraba State Government.
Security operatives were deployed to the government house to deny the players access into the building. The gate of the government house has since been shut.
Despite being tear gassed, the players vowed to spend nights there until they are paid.
Monday’s protest occurs barely a month after a similar one by the players.
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge