Estimated Reading Time: <1
The players of Taraba State’s male and female football teams, Taraba FC and Taraba Queens, on Monday shut down activities at the government house in the state capital, Jalingo, to protest non-payment of backlogs of their salary arrears.
The players are demanding immediate payment of 21 months’ salary arrears from the Taraba State Government.
Security operatives were deployed to the government house to deny the players access into the building. The gate of the government house has since been shut.
Despite being tear gassed, the players vowed to spend nights there until they are paid.
Monday’s protest occurs barely a month after a similar one by the players.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State
- The Choice and the science of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria
- APC is a dying party, we have failed Nigerians – Solomon Dalung
- PDP calls on US President Joe Biden to sanction APC leaders
- Gunmen kidnap 11 people, including children from Abuja orphanage
- Fact Check: Rivers government did not order sudden shutdown of schools
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana