Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Peoples Democratic Party has declared Saturday’s rerun elections in Rivers State as a rape of democracy.
It also said that the party contested against many government institutions during the polls.
It listed the institutions to include the Nigerian Army, the Independent National Electoral Commission and the All Progressives Congress.
Spokesperson for the faction of the party, Dayo Adeyeye, stated this in a statement in Abuja on Monday.
Adeyeye also rejected the declaration of Magnus Abe as the winner of the Rivers South-East senatorial district election.
He asked the security agencies to stop disgracing Nigeria.
Adeyeye also condemned, in strong terms, the delay by INEC in releasing the remaining results of the polls.
Adeyeye said, “The result, which declared Magnus Abe of the APC winner, is an unprecedented massive manipulation of the electoral process in active connivance with the security agencies.
“The whole world knows that election did not take place in the Rivers South-East senatorial district. We, therefore, reject the victorious declaration of Abe with the fabricated results. We demand INEC to cancel the election in that constituency and conduct a fresh poll.
“We promise to avail ourselves of every opportunity to seek redress on this matter in the interest of democracy and that of the constituents who were denied their right to vote.
“We, again, condemn in totality, the adverse role of the Nigerian Army, the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad and other security agencies during the rerun elections in Rivers State.
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown