Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ben Murray-Bruce, the senator representing Bayelsa East senatorial district at the national assembly, says he will fight President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 although the president currently retains his support.
The founder of the Silverbird group disclosed this while speaking in an interview with Peace Hyde, TheCable gathered.
“Buhari is the president today; he is my president. I must respect him regardless of what I feel.
“In 2019 we can fight but right now I want the economy to grow. If I take the position that I want to destroy APC and destroy Nigeria, will there be any Nigeria for me to fix in 2019?
“So it’s a dumb move to try to destroy your president or somebody you hate and destroy your country in the process. I’ll fight Buhari in 2019 but today he is my president; I will support him.”
Murray-Bruce also spoke on the western media’s coverage of Nigeria as well as his greatest goal in life.
“The Western press don’t like you. don’t be fooled. They see you as a product and sometimes you have value. They don’t see you as the destination for any major event, they will hit you hard,” he said.
“My greatest goal in life is to support the poor and I support them for two reasons. One, they are poor and they need help. Second is that if you don’t support them, they will kill you. The rich uses the poor to kill the rich. They kidnap, rape and maim you. We have a serious problem in this country.”
He has advised Nigerian presidents to appoint a minister of common sense to solve the problems of Nigeria.
“A lot of people in government do dumb things. I’ve told successive presidents in this country to appoint a minister of common sense.
“The minister of common sense will not have a budget. All the minister would do is to think about Nigeria and find solutions to the problems of Nigeria without thinking about enriching himself.”
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria