Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Sunday sent out a statement on behalf of the Nigerian army.
The statement signed by Kasimu Abdulkarim, general officer commanding of the 6 division of the Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, debunked the allegation that military collaborated with politicians to intimidate the electorate.
It was sent via email@example.com – the address it normally uses for its emails.
Nyesom Wike, governor of the state, had accused the APC of using the military to intimidate voters.
But the statement said the accusation was aimed at tarnishing the image of the army.
“It is true that soldiers of 6 Division Nigerian Army provided security during the Rivers legislative re-run election,” the statement read.
“These people allegedly accused soldiers of ballot box snatching, illegal escorts of some politicians, arrest and detention of voters during the general conduct of the elections.
“The weighty nature of these allegations could cause members of the public to view soldiers negatively, hence the need to adequately inform the general public on the true perspective.
“The public thus need to consider them as mere farce to garner public sympathy.”
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government