Estimated Reading Time: <1
Second Republic member of the House of Representatives, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, on Monday accused President Muhammadu Buhari of using the toga of Islam to deceive the North.
He said that the North has not benefitted anything from having Buhari as President, adding that the region has become backward under Buhari.
Mohammed, who criticised the move towards the formation of another mega party, dismissed such plan as meaningless and another indication of the insincerity of the political class.
He dismissed the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as a party in death throes, adding that the All Progressives Congress, APC, is on its way to collapse.
His words, “I believe before we get to 2019, the people of Nigeria will decide what to do. What I can see right now is that the PDP is dead and APC is on its way to collapse. I am not surprised about the development in PDP because its convocation from day one was not that of a political party and for APC, it is a party in transition and on its way to collapse.”
“Some of us thought APC will make a difference, but President Buhari has shown he is a nepotic leader who deceived the North that he has the interest of the North at heart, being a Muslim but in real sense, he has not done anything for the North. In fact, the North has been backward under him.”
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists