Estimated Reading Time: <1
Few days after his office was attacked by gunmen, in renewed hostilities, another set of gunmen, have attacked Senator representing Kaduna Central, Comrade Shehu Sani’s residence in Kaduna on Sunday when he was entertaining party faithful from the seven local government areas that make up his Senatorial Zone who were on a solidarity visit.
His Senior Special Adviser on Political on Politics and Ideology, Ahmed Suleiman disclosed this while speaking with newsmen
He said the attackers even robbed some of the visitors of their valuables, adding that a formal complaint has been made at the Malali Police Station and investigations have started.
“Some names that are linked with the adviser to the Kaduna State Governor on Youth are surfacing. Those that attacked the Senator’s office few days ago are also linked to the governor,” he said.
While reacting to news that broke on Sunday that thugs suspected to be loyal to Comrade Sani attacked APC office on Ali Akilu Road, Kaduna, he described the report as fabricated and lacking substance.
“The All Progressives Congress (APC) Kaduna Secretariat was attacked by thugs loyal to Senator representing Kaduna Central District, Comrade Shehu Sani is mere fabrications, cooked and dished out by one Aza Msue, a correspondent of National Mirror Newspapers.
“I was dumb founded when I saw that he was even using my name in the fabricated report. I sent camera to the venue of the meeting and supporters only raised placards protesting the wrong decisions.
“Same cannot be said on the attack of our office, where the Commissioner of Police was there to see the damage for himself. We are happy that the attackers of our office have been traced and there is investigation ongoing,” he said.
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi