Estimated Reading Time: <1
Shehu Sani, senator representing Kaduna central, says his suspension by the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) won’t increase the “physical height” of Nasir El-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, The Cable reports.
Sani had earlier been handed a 11-month suspension that elapsed on Tuesday.
In a letter addressed to him, Tudun Wada, secretary of the party in Kaduna, said the earlier suspension was to enable the senator defend himself against allegations levelled against him.
Wada said since Sani failed to do so, he had been suspended indefinitely.
In his reaction, the lawmaker accused the APC in Kaduna of acting on the orders of El-Rufai.
“My ‘indefinite suspension’ by Governor Nasiru El-Rufai-controlled, self-acclaimed APC excos is as worthless and as useless as the paper it was written upon,” he said in a statement.
“I wish to fully assure them the new suspension will not give them the public support they couldn’t gather with the first one.
“For a man who has been unable to address the pervasive insecurity and genocide in southern Kaduna, for a man who has been unable to stem the tide of rampant kidnapping and abductions in Kaduna, suspending Shehu sani cannot be counted as an achievement.
“Mr. Governor, my suspension will not increase your physical height nor give you the flesh or muscle of a macho.”
Sani added that El-Rufai “remains a typical establishment man, who was brought to limelight by the PDP, nurtured by the PDP, and no broom or deodorant of change can give him a new identity”.
He vowed to continue working for the masses and to always defend their interest.
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre