Estimated Reading Time: <1
Shehu Sani, senator representing Kaduna central, says his suspension by the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) won’t increase the “physical height” of Nasir El-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, The Cable reports.
Sani had earlier been handed a 11-month suspension that elapsed on Tuesday.
In a letter addressed to him, Tudun Wada, secretary of the party in Kaduna, said the earlier suspension was to enable the senator defend himself against allegations levelled against him.
Wada said since Sani failed to do so, he had been suspended indefinitely.
In his reaction, the lawmaker accused the APC in Kaduna of acting on the orders of El-Rufai.
“My ‘indefinite suspension’ by Governor Nasiru El-Rufai-controlled, self-acclaimed APC excos is as worthless and as useless as the paper it was written upon,” he said in a statement.
“I wish to fully assure them the new suspension will not give them the public support they couldn’t gather with the first one.
“For a man who has been unable to address the pervasive insecurity and genocide in southern Kaduna, for a man who has been unable to stem the tide of rampant kidnapping and abductions in Kaduna, suspending Shehu sani cannot be counted as an achievement.
“Mr. Governor, my suspension will not increase your physical height nor give you the flesh or muscle of a macho.”
Sani added that El-Rufai “remains a typical establishment man, who was brought to limelight by the PDP, nurtured by the PDP, and no broom or deodorant of change can give him a new identity”.
He vowed to continue working for the masses and to always defend their interest.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu