Estimated Reading Time: <1
A woman, Aderonke Ojediran, on Monday, approached a Grade C Customary Court, Agodi-Ibadan in Oyo State, to seek for dissolution of her five-year-old marriage with Oyeleke Ojediran, for allegedly comparing her with goats.
Mrs. Ojediran also complained that she was seeking for divorce because Oyeleke had refused to pay her bride pride and had been threatening her life.
Another reason for the divorce, the plaintiff said, was the lack of care for the only child of the union.
She told the court that “ I packed out of my husband’s residence in 2013 when I could no longer cope with the bad characters of my husband.”
According to her, sometime in 2013, her husband brought goats inside their sitting room and compared her with the animals, saying she is the same as the goats.
“He used to beat me and had been careless about my welfare and that of the innocent child we have. In fact, I am tired of the marriage and I don’t want to die young.
“To make the matter worse, he refused to pay my bride price, instead, he turned me to a punching bag and treated me as he wishes,” she added.
The woman further prayed the court to allow her to take custody of the child for proper care.
The defendant, who admitted that he brought two goats inside the sitting room, explained that he compared his wife with the goats because of her bad attitude.
He also agreed with the divorce suit, alleging also that the plaintiff’s troublesome way of life was responsible for his hypertensive health condition.
The President of the court, Mukaila Balogun, then declared the marriage dissolved.
He said “having listened to the evidence of both parties, it is clear that there is no more love between the couple and they should go their separate ways as they stand unmarried.
“Custody of the only child of the union is to remain with the plaintiff and the sum of N3,000 is awarded against the defendant on monthly basis, being money for the upkeep of the child.”
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19