Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has said the fact of Rotimi Akeredolu’s victory in the Ondo State governorship election is sign that Nigerians still love the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Dogara said this in a statement issued on Sunday by his Special Adviser on Media & Public Affairs, Mr. Turaki Hassan to congratulate the governor-elect.
“The election of Barrister Akeredolu and the APC in Ondo state is a clear indication of the popularity of our political party,” the Speaker said, adding: “I would like to congratulate my learned colleague on his victory at the poll, and also commend our great party, the All Progressives Congress, for a thorough and successful campaign.
“As a party, we must take our victory in Ondo seriously since the people have placed enormous trust in us. We must, therefore, deliver on policies that will improve their standard of living.”
While commending the people of Ondo state for keeping the election process peaceful and coming out to perform their civic duty; Dogara, also praised the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and security agencies for ensuring a hitch-free exercise.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists