Estimated Reading Time: <1
…As Over 600 Receive Sacrament of Confirmation
Despite the fear of insecurity and past incidents of terrorist attacks in this town near Abuja, New Nyanya is peaceful as it witnesses social and religious activities.
It was indeed a day of joy for parishioners of St. Sylvester Catholic Church New Nyanya in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State as eighty couples were given the sacrament of matrimony by the Catholic Bishop of Lafia Diocese, Most Reverend Dr. Mathew Ishaya Audu.
In a statement signed by the Public Relations of the Church, Mr. Ewache John Ajefu notes that the ceremony was unique and historic in the anals of St. Sylvester Catholic Church history.
The marriage ceremony and the Sacrament of Confirmation put together by the Parish Priest of St. Sylvester Catholic Church New Nyanya Reverend Father Lawrence Soja Anyembugu were part of the key activities lined up for first pastoral visit of the Bishop to the Independent Mission.
Speaking at the occasion, the Bishop admonished the couples to cloth themselves with the love of Christ in order to have a sustainable marriage life, stressing that marriage without love is meaningless.
Citing many examples of causes of breakage in marriage life, Bishop Mathew Audu called on them to avoid pitfalls that would lead to regrets, adding that exemplary Christian life was key to successful marriage.
New Nyanya is a town in Nasarawa State. It is a district of Karu Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, and is among the towns that make up the Karu Urban Area, a conurbation of towns stretching into the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). New Nyanya is loosely considered as part of the metropolitan area of Abuja.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown