Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supreme Court has struck out all the interlocutory appeals filed by the Ali Sheriff faction of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr. Sheriff insists he is the authentic chairman of the PDP. However, a Court of Appeal in Abuja on Wednesday declared Ahmed Makarfi the authentic PDP leader.
A PDP aspirant in Ondo, Jimoh Ibrahim, had hoped that the Supreme Court would grant the appeals which would have returned him as the candidate of the party for Saturday’s governorship election.
Mr. Ibrahim was chosen as PDP candidate by the Ali Sheriff faction.
Eyitayo Jegede of the Ahmed Makarfi faction was declared authentic PDP candidate by the Appeal Court on Wednesday.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations