Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supreme Court has struck out all the interlocutory appeals filed by the Ali Sheriff faction of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr. Sheriff insists he is the authentic chairman of the PDP. However, a Court of Appeal in Abuja on Wednesday declared Ahmed Makarfi the authentic PDP leader.
A PDP aspirant in Ondo, Jimoh Ibrahim, had hoped that the Supreme Court would grant the appeals which would have returned him as the candidate of the party for Saturday’s governorship election.
Mr. Ibrahim was chosen as PDP candidate by the Ali Sheriff faction.
Eyitayo Jegede of the Ahmed Makarfi faction was declared authentic PDP candidate by the Appeal Court on Wednesday.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems