Estimated Reading Time: <1
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, the Chief Security Officer to former military leader, Late Gen. Sani Abacha has said he does not regret his actions and the consequences they brought.
Al-Mustapha said this while speaking as a guest lecturer during the closing ceremony of the ‘Press Week’ of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, Enugu State Chapter.
Al-Mustapha was arrested for the murder of late Kudirat Abiola and was consequently sentenced to death by hanging by a Lagos High Court in 2002.
But in 2013, he was discharged and acquitted by the Lagos Division of the Court of Appeal.
“What I went through from 1998 to 2002 was nothing compared to what I went through from 2002 to 2015.
“While I was in service, I stood by my oath to serve and defend my country. I don’t have any regrets. Regret does not exist in my life. In the absence of pain there is no gain so it is all experience. I thank God for everything. Also, I don’t have any regrets for not exploiting my position to enrich myself – it is better for me to suffer than to destroy Nigeria.”
He also said Nigerian leaders are termites who have eaten the country to emptiness.
“Nigeria is not a patriotic country – Nigeria’s leaders are like termites. They eat and eat until the fabric of the wood is gone; they eat everything until the inside becomes empty.
“When you look at them they are the same termites they were yesterday,” he said.
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives