Estimated Reading Time:
Singer, Oritsefemi has penned an apology message to his fans following his altercation with a Quilox bouncer over the weekend.He shared a photo of himself on the hospital bed and wrote:
“Hello my lovely fans, I know a lot of you have been waiting to hear from me directly. Let me start by saying I’m sorry for disappointing you all. I have never been involved in any altercation before now. I love peace and I would never hurt anyone knowingly. Things got out of hands and I reacted badly, it was a mistake, and I take the blame. I’m human and at that moment I acted unruly. I want to thank you all for your support over the years and I understand if you are angry with me, I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you to those that have reached out to me. There is no ‘Oritsefemi’ without you my lovely fans. This will never happen again. Lessons learnt. I will continue to give you good music that I am known for not violence. Thank you once again and God bless you all for me….much love my people”…
INCASE YOU MISSED WHAT HAPPENED, READ THE STORY BELOW..
The Friday night fight at Club Quilox between Oritsefemi and some bouncers of the nightclub is far from over.
The club maintained radio silence on the matter despite the uproar it caused, but it has now been forced to issue a statement following a media release by Oritsefemi’s camp on Sunday.
According to Quilox, ‘We were hesitant to release a press statement as several well meaning people have attempted to intercede on behalf of the artist but after his malicious and grossly false account of the event that occurred, it is only fair that we defend the integrity and ethos of our organization.‘
Read the full statement below….
‘In the early hours of the 12th of November 2016, an unfortunate incident occurred between music act Oritsefemi and a member of the security team at Club Quilox.
The incident started at about 2am Saturday morning when Oritsefemi came into Quilox without prior reservation or table booking. It is important to note that tables are allocated to customers who have made prior paid table bookings in advance of their arrival except such customer is a patron member of the club and tables are allocated on availability in such case. However Oritsefemi who did not fall into any of the categories above approached a patron and after pleading was accommodated on patron’s table, but with the understanding that other guests of the said patron were still been expected to join the table shortly which Oritsefemi agreed to. It is important to note that this is a table that could only accommodate a maximum of six people over looking the center of attraction part of the club.
‘In a surprising turn of event, Oritsefemi who was drinking from the patron’s bottle, threw caution to the wind by attempting to sit some of his guests at the table, the surprised patron strongly rejected such effrontery and invited the bouncer guarding the floor to intervene .The bouncer politely approached Oritsefemi and told him that the patron who owned the table did not want any of Oritsefemi’s guest joining in as the patron’s guests were still being expected as he previously informed him. However Oritsefemi in a fit of unprovoked rage slapped the bouncer then proceeded to breaking a glass in his hand and stabbing him in the eye. Despite his position or the power he thinks he has as a celebrity, this is not an excuse for inflicting grave bodily harm on another human being.
‘The scene quickly became rowdy as other customers rushed to the table and confronted the artist for his violent behavior, our security team quickly stepped in to salvage the situation by carrying Oritsefemi out of the club (this is our standard procedure for violent altercations) while other members of staff focused on giving First aid treatment to the bouncer who almost lost his eye and had already lost so much blood. Oritsefemi faced by an enraged crowd outside and perhaps realizing the gravity of his offense pretended to collapse. The artist and the bouncer were subsequently rushed to a nearby hospital.
‘The bouncer affected insisted on pressing charges as thus he and Oritsefemi went from the hospital to Bar Beach police station, where Oritsefemi accepted his offense and pleaded for mercy, he was granted bail at 7pm on the 12th of November and advised to report back to the station on Tuesday 15th of November 2016.’
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “I’m Sorry For Disappointing You All” – Oritsefemi Apologizes To His Fans After Quilox Fight and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor