Estimated Reading Time: <1
FCT POLICE COMMAND ASSURES RESIDENTS OF ADEQUATE SECURITY
• DPOs DIRECTED TO ARREST VIOLATORS OF THE MINISTERIAL BAN ON THE OPERATION OF MOTORCYCLES AND TRICYCLES IN THE CITY CENTRE
The FCT Police Command wants to dispel the rumours making the rounds that an explosive device was discovered around Jabi Lake on Thursday.
Contrary to the unverified rumours, it is pertinent to state that findings by the Command Explosive Ordinance (EOD) unit reveals that the device in question is an ultra sound flow metre used in measuring the volume of water that passes through a pipe.
The device was deployed by a team of engineers handling the Federal Capital Territory reduction of non-revenue water project.
The Commissioner of Police FCT, CP Muhammad Mustafa enjoins residents of the Federal Capital Territory to discard the rumours and go about their lawful businesses as the Command has put in place adequate security measures to protect them.
Similarly, the Command wants to warn violators of the ministerial ban on the operation of Commercial motorcycles (Okada) and tricycles (keke Napep) in the City centre to desist from it forthwith. All Divisional Police Officers in the Command have been directed to arrest all violators of the directive and prosecute them accordingly.
The Command also wants to remind passengers on ministerial ban on the operation of motorcycles (Okada) and tricycles (keke Napep); they are also warned not to encourage the violators of the directive by patronising them.
ASP Anjuguri Manzah
Police Public Relations Officer
For: The Commissioner of Police,
FCT Police Command,
- Ibrahim Magu has been released from detention
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser