Estimated Reading Time: <1
James Tsoho, justice of the federal high court, Abuja, has granted Femi Fani-Kayode, spokesman of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign organisation, bail in the sum of N50m, and one surety in like sum.
In his ruling on Thursday, Tsoho held that the offence Fani-Kayode was alleged to have committed was a bailable one.
He, therefore, granted the defendant bail as requested by Afedayo Adedipe (SAN), his counsel.
However, he ruled that Fani-Kayode be remanded in prison until he perfected his bail condition.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is prosecuting Fani-Kayode on five-counts of money laundering to the tune of N26m.
The anti-graft agency is also prosecuting him on 17-counts of money laundering ?to the tune of N4.9bn at the Lagos division of the federal high court.
Before his arraignment on Thursday, he has been in the custody of the EFCC for 21 days after he was arrested? in Lagos and transported to Abuja.
The judge fixed December 14, for the commencement of trial.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu