Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, visited the former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja.
The governor arrived at the EFCC office at 2:15pm and left at 4:30pm.
He was received by three operatives of the EFCC.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), is to arraign Fani-Kayode, on new charges of fraud on Nov. 10.
Fani-Kayode, a former Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, was re-arrested by EFCC operatives while emerging from a Federal High Court room in Lagos on October 21.
He is standing trial in the Lagos court alongside a former Minister of Finance, Nenandi Usman, one Danjuma Yusuf and a company, Joint Trust Dimension Nigeria Ltd.
The three are facing a 17-count charge of unlawful retention, unlawful use and unlawful payment of money to the tune of about N4.9 billion, a charge they denied.
Reports say that the Prosecutor, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, had concluded the witness’ evidence for the day, and the case adjourned till Nov. 14 and Nov. 15 for continuation of hearing.
But as the accused emerged from the courtroom, he was flanked by two EFCC operatives who led him into a waiting Toyota Hiace bus and drove him away.
However, shortly after the accused left the courtroom, two officers of the EFCC dressed in white Kaftans, flanked his sides and requested that he followed them to the commission.
He has been in the commission’s custody since then.
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic