Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Alhaji Bala Mohammed, who is in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has taken ill.
He was taken to the clinic arm of the anti-graft agency on Friday where medical personnel attended to him.
It was gathered that owing to the fact that Mohammed’s health condition worsened, he was allowed to see doctors at the EFCC facility. The nature of the illness is still unknown at the moment.
Sun Newspapers Sources said the embattled former minister returned from medical treatment abroad few days before going to honour EFCC invitation.
Before travelling abroad, it was gathered that Mohammed had undergone surgery at the National Hospital, Abuja.
He has since fulfilled his bail condition after the court had asked him to produce two directors in the civil service, one of who must own a landed property in the FCT to stand surety for him.
However, the EFCC is yet to release him despite meeting bail conditions.
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives