Estimated Reading Time: <1
After months of speculation about his future, Iyanya has finally broken the silence by announcing that he is officially joining Mavin Records with the release of a new song featuring Don Jazzy and Dr. Sid.
The new hit tune entitled “Up 2 Sumting” is produced by Mavin Records head-honcho, Don Jazzy.
It was released on Monday, which coincides with the singer’s 30th birthday.
With this new move, Iyanya joins other artistes on the record label including Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Reekado Banks and Di’Ja.
“I am at a decision-making curve in my music career where I have to make the right professional and creative decisions,” Inyanya said. “At this point, I realised the need to put in solid structures in place to move to the next level of my career. I think I have found that professional and creative backbone in Mavin Records.”
Don Jazzy, who broke the news on his Twitter handle on Monday, was also excited about the new partnership.
“Iyanya brings his own unique style and sound to the Mavin Records family,” he said.
“From the first time I stepped into the studio with him, there was an instant chemistry and energy. He is an amazing talent and he has great musical versatility. This is an exciting time for us and our fans have a lot of great music to look forward to.”
The groundbreaking move is the Cross River State-born singer’s first major one after his decision to sign a management deal with leading creative talent agency, Temple Management Company as part of efforts to launch a new phase of his career.
Iyanya was previously signed on with Ubi Franklin’s Made Men Records.
- Fact Check: Reno Omokri’s claim on Nigeria’s foreign debt is false
- How the CDD Election Analysis Center work to foster democracy in Nigeria
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund