Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has passed a vote of confidence on President Muhammadu Buhari.
The vote of confidence was passed at the end of a three-day retreat of the party’s officials and stakeholders to discuss political party management in Sokoto on Sunday.
The communiqué was jointly signed by the Chairman and Secretary of the Communiqué Drafting Committee, Alhassan Doguwa and Umar Danlasan.
”The retreat has also resolved to support Buhari’s resolve to tackle the problems of insecurity, corruption and to revitalise the economy and other policies.
”Participants appreciated efforts of the government of Kano Government for initiating the retreat as the first of its kind to institutionalise capacity building through effective management of party administration.
”Participants overwhelmingly passed a vote of confidence on Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, as the leader of the party and further confidence on the existing leadership under Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas.”
The communiqué further stated that the participants had expressed their readiness to privately finance the construction of the proposed APC State Secretariat through the party’s Board of Trustees.
The communiqué added that the participants further passed a vote of confidence on the National Working Committee of the party under the leadership of John Oyegun.
”Politics should not be seen as a means of personal enrichment but an avenue of developing the wellbeing of the people of Kano State.
”Political party officials should foster horizontal and vertical communication networks among members and party’s organisation at various levels.
”This is in order to ensure effective internal democracy. Political party discipline should be kept at highest and lowest levels of the party’s structure.
”This is also to promote unity and preserve loyalty among its members,” it added.
The communiqué further stressed the need for a harmonious relationship with the government in the state to continue to be responsive to popular demands.
The participants, according to the communiqué, should develop mechanisms of safeguarding their integrity, uniqueness, coherence and prudence in its use of resources.
The communiqué, among other issues, stressed the need to engage women leaders at all levels in the mobilisation drive of the party to promote women participation and support.
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects