Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the re-appointment of Dr Yemi Kale as the Statistician General of the Federation and Chief Executive Officer of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
He was appointed in 2011 for an initial term of five years.
His reappointment is for another term of five years. Media Adviser to the Minister of National Planning, James Akpandem in a statement Wednesday noted that Kale was the Special Adviser to the then Minister of National Planning “Dr Kale received his undergraduate degree from Addis Ababa University and a Doctorate from the London School of Economics & Political Science.
He has served on several Presidential committees and advisory bodies and is an alumnus of the Harvard Kennedy School of Government leadership in government programmes.
“He belongs to a number of professional bodies including being a Fellow of the UK Royal Statistical Society, Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Administrators and Researchers of Nigeria, Member at the World Economics Federation, Member at the Royal Economic Society and Member of the Nigerian Statistical Association”, the statement added.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report