Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC), has confirmed Mr Nwachukwu Eze as the Acting Chairman of the party in Ebonyi.
The News Agency NAN reports that a High Court sitting in Abakaliki on Sept.28, struck out the case brought before it by a factional Chairman of the party, Mr Ben Nwaboashi.
Nwaobashi had challenged his removal from office by the Eze-led faction and the court presided over by Justice John Igboji struck out the case for lack of merit, saying that the removal followed due process.
Nwaboashi and Eze had been laying claims to the chairmanship position of the party since January until the Sept.28 ruling, which was in Eze’s favour.
Chief Emma Enukwu, the APC South East Zonal Chairman, told NAN on Saturday that the zone had recognised Eze as the authentic chairman of the party in the state.
“This is in line with the report of the committee set up by the party to review the lingering leadership tussle that had engulfed the Ebonyi chapter of the party.
“We are waiting for the final ratification by the party’s National Working Committee (NWC)”, he said.
On his part, Eze said he would concentrate on repositioning the party.
He said Nwaobashi’s supporters would be welcome into the fold but with the condition of maintaining discipline.
“Anyone who engages in anti-party activities will be sanctioned.
Nwaobashi, however, told NAN that the process was flawed.
“I don’t want to engage in a press war over this illegality”, he stressed.
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12