Estimated Reading Time: <1
Angry youths have set ablaze the Magazu Police Station in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara, following a misunderstanding between the police and the people of the village.
An eyewitness said misunderstanding followed an alleged death of a suspect from the area, Ibrahim Muhammad, in police custody.
The eyewitness who pledged anonymity, said that the suspect was detained for allegedly stealing a cell phone.
According to him, Muhammad’s death angered the youths of the village who went berserk and set the police station alight.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Shehu Muhammad, confirmed the incident.
Muhammad said the State Police Command was already compiling a report on the mayhem.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English