Estimated Reading Time: <1
Deputy Minority Whip of the Senate, Senator Biodun Olujimi, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Ekiti South has described comments by President Muhammadu Buhari that the wife, Aisha belongs to the Kitchen as a wake up call for women in the country.
In a statement issued, Senator Olujimi while responding to President Buhari’s comment said, “the statement is in very bad taste especially that it was said beside one of the most powerful women in the world. “It is an x-ray of the soul.
A statement of fact that reflects the composition of this government and the disdain to which women are held by the President and this government.
“We thank God that women have seen better leaders. By the way, we will not be daunted in our resolve to better our situation. It’s wake up call for us.”
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill