Estimated Reading Time: <1
For the second day running, members of the National Judicial Council (NJC), have continued their meeting to take a position on the arrest of some judges by the Department of State Security Services (DSS).
All the members are said to have reconvened this morning at the three arms zone area of the Supreme Court Complex in Abuja.
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, who is also the chairman of the council had described the arrest of judges as saddening and regrettable.
He however gave the assurance that the NJC, the apex body of the judiciary saddled with the responsibility of disciplining erring judicial officers, will respond to the issue appropriately.
On Tuesday, an emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) was scheduled, to discuss the arrest of some judges last week but ended without members reaching any resolution.
The meeting, which held at the three Arm Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja, will continue on Wednesday.
Journalists, who had gathered early enough to cover the meeting were barred from covering the event, but an insider confirmed that the meeting had begun and that the meeting was exclusively for members of the NJC.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo