Estimated Reading Time: <1
For the second day running, members of the National Judicial Council (NJC), have continued their meeting to take a position on the arrest of some judges by the Department of State Security Services (DSS).
All the members are said to have reconvened this morning at the three arms zone area of the Supreme Court Complex in Abuja.
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, who is also the chairman of the council had described the arrest of judges as saddening and regrettable.
He however gave the assurance that the NJC, the apex body of the judiciary saddled with the responsibility of disciplining erring judicial officers, will respond to the issue appropriately.
On Tuesday, an emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) was scheduled, to discuss the arrest of some judges last week but ended without members reaching any resolution.
The meeting, which held at the three Arm Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja, will continue on Wednesday.
Journalists, who had gathered early enough to cover the meeting were barred from covering the event, but an insider confirmed that the meeting had begun and that the meeting was exclusively for members of the NJC.
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council