Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), yesterday, described as a ‘wicked falsehood’, a media report that corps members’ allowance had been slashed by 25 percent. The Director-General of the NYSC, Brig-Gen.
Suleiman Kazaure maintained that the report was to create confusion in the country, urging corps members and the public to disregard it. Kazaure, in a statement signed by the NYSC Director of Press, Mrs Abosede Aderibigbe, in Abuja, insisted that corps members’ allowance still remains N19,800.00.
The statement explained that the former Director General (DG) of the scheme Brig-Gen. Bamidele Oluwami had never stated any thing pertaining to the reduction of the allowance, while he was in the office as DG, rather he pressed for increase, as being quoted by the source.
According to it, “The Management of the NYSC hereby refutes the content of mischievous information circulating in the social media to the effect that corps members’ allowance has been slashed by 25 percent. “The scheme vehemently dissociates itself from this wicked falsehood meant to create confusion in the polity.
The Director-General of the NYSC is Brigadier General SZ Kazaure and he never made any comment as claimed by the brains behind the damaging publication.
“Management hereby categorically states that corps members allowance remains N19,800 and not reduced to N14,800 as wickedly portrayed by the social media release.
“For the avoidance of doubts, we unequivocally restate our unalloyed commitment to the welfare of all corps members at all times. “Corps members and the public should therefore ignore this misleading information and go about their duties lawfully without fear.”
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items