Estimated Reading Time: <1
A group, the Arewa Youth Leaders for Development and Change, AYLDC, has accused “a national leader of the All Progressives Congress from the South West” of being behind allegations of corruption against President Muhammadu Buhari’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari and nephew, Mamman Daura.
Stating that the allegations could not be substantiated and are aimed at discrediting the anti-corruption drive of the current administration, the group insinuated that the chairman of an anti-graft agency and some top government functionaries are involved in the conspiracy.
Buhari was reported by an online medium to have been presented with evidence linking Kyari to a N500m bribe allegedly paid by the telecommunications giant, MTN Nigeria, to get a soft landing over the hefty fine slammed on it by the Federal Government.
The President’s nephew, Mamman Daura, had recently been alleged to be the source of a major speech delivered by Buhari in which the words of United States president, Barack Obama, were plagiarized.
But speaking in a statement issued at the weekend, National President of AYLDC, Abubakar Karga described the allegations “as an attempt to rubbish Mr. President’s anti-corruption efforts by making it appear as if he condones wrongdoing from his trusted aides and family members, blackmail him to firing those that genuinely have his interest at heart while clearing the way for those sponsoring these attacks.”
He continued, “We found out that a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), from the South West is at the centre of the nefarious activities to bring down both men and all those close to President Buhari. His grouse is that he is still smarting from not being the one to make every single appointment made by Mr. President.
“We have reasons to believe the Chairman of the anti-graft agency and a top government official are complicit in this show of shame. They are the ones who use their offices to lend legitimacy to questionable information to make it appear as if the lies being reported are true. These collections of saboteurs are the ones raising money to finance the publication of lies.
“Anyone that has issues with President Muhammadu Buhari is advised to be bold enough and approach him to table such demands instead of using fronts. We use this opportunity to warn these men to desist from these attacks or accept any legitimate actions we decide to take as a consequence of their lies,” the statement added.
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration
- 2.3 million Nigerians register for COVID-19 vaccine in less than 24 hours – NPHCDA
- Terrorists abduct over 50 in Niger State
- Anambra will not tolerate armed herders – Obiano
- Families sell property to pay N15million ransom to terrorist herders
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina