Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Olakunle Somoye
StanbicIbtc bank kicked off the awareness campaign #Together4Alimb for young people who lost their limbs from congenital deformity and complications, to victims of gunshot wounds and bomb blasts in the North East.
The road walk started around 7:25am on saturday 24th september from Stanbic’s bank in Area 11 Abuja as hundreds of people dressed in the campaign tshirts filled the streets, they ended the walk at the International conference center where it was fun fair and dances afterwards.
The #Together4Alimb campaign provided prostethics legs and Educational Trust Funds for each of the beneficiaries, amongst them is Muhammad Abubakar who spoke to our correspondent about how happy he is to be a beneficiary.
The wife of the the president Hajiya Aisha Buhari was represented by Zamfara State first lady Asmau Yari who gave words of encouragement to the beneficiaries of the initiative.
Speaking to participants of the road walk Mr Andy Madaki says he feels it is high time other businesses takes up initiatives like this as it is laudable to give hope to these young children.
Mr BigMo from wazobia fm also told our correspondent that he is really happy to be part of the campaign.
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano