Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Olakunle Somoye
StanbicIbtc bank kicked off the awareness campaign #Together4Alimb for young people who lost their limbs from congenital deformity and complications, to victims of gunshot wounds and bomb blasts in the North East.
The road walk started around 7:25am on saturday 24th september from Stanbic’s bank in Area 11 Abuja as hundreds of people dressed in the campaign tshirts filled the streets, they ended the walk at the International conference center where it was fun fair and dances afterwards.
The #Together4Alimb campaign provided prostethics legs and Educational Trust Funds for each of the beneficiaries, amongst them is Muhammad Abubakar who spoke to our correspondent about how happy he is to be a beneficiary.
The wife of the the president Hajiya Aisha Buhari was represented by Zamfara State first lady Asmau Yari who gave words of encouragement to the beneficiaries of the initiative.
Speaking to participants of the road walk Mr Andy Madaki says he feels it is high time other businesses takes up initiatives like this as it is laudable to give hope to these young children.
Mr BigMo from wazobia fm also told our correspondent that he is really happy to be part of the campaign.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help