Estimated Reading Time: <1
The police Commissioner in the state, Usman Abdullahi, disclosed this to journalists on Tuesday in Katsina.
“The police has arrested Alhaji Yusuf Sarkin-gida after a formal complaint by Hajiya Turai Yar’adua to the Police two weeks ago.
“The suspect is the custodian of all the keys and property of Hajiya Turai Yar’adua for the past forty years.
“There are 37 boxes in the custody of the suspect, but only 27 boxes are in the store.
“The several items in the 27 boxes are completely missing and the suspect has failed to give full explanation on the goods and items in the boxes,” he said.
The Commissioner said the suspect had been serving the Late Umar Yar’adua family for the past 40 years even before her husband became the governor and later the president of Nigeria.
Mr. Abdullahi said the suspect was in police custody, where he was assisting them to conduct intensive investigation on the missing items.
When contacted, the spokesperson of Sarkin-gida’s family, Mohammed Yusuf, said their father was innocent of the charge leveled against him.
He said the arrest and detention of their father before the Eld-el-Kabir celebration had thrown the family into confusion.
He appealed to human rights organisations to come to the rescue of their father.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students