Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Government has commenced shortlisting candidates for the 500,000 jobs it promised.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed this in Abuja when a delegation of the National Council for Women’s Societies (NCWS) paid him a courtesy visit in his office.
Mohammed said that applications were being received and government had started processing them for the recruitment.
“The process for the recruitment has started.
“About 1.2 million people applied and they classified them into categories including agriculture support officers, teachers, technical officers and so on,’’ he said.
The minister also said that the payment of N5,000 conditional cash transfer promised by the government would begin before the end of the month.
He said the Minister of Finance, Dr Kemi Adeosun had earlier announced this.
Mohammed reiterated the commitment of the government to improving the well-being and standard of living of the citizens.
“We are very concerned about the welfare of Nigerians and we are not sleeping; we are working day and night to ensure that the country retraces its step.
“Many of our critics have been unfair to us because many of them know that we did not invent the problems we are facing today.
“This is time to join hands together to support the government to move the nation forward,’’ he said.
The National President of NCWS, Mrs Gloria Shoda, expressed the confidence in the resolve of the government to implement programmes for the advancement of girls and women in the society.
She drew the attention of government to its promise of providing free maternal and children health care and implementation of the National Gender Policy.
Shoda also appealed to government to consider scholarship for girls pursuing medical courses in the universities to address maternal and child mortality.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries